Craftsmanship: The Art of Footwear Making
Date: May 14-18, 2018
Day and Time: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Location: UO Lundquist College of Business Portland 38 NW Davis, Portland, OR 97209
Registration Deadline: 05/14/2018
The University of Oregon Sports Product Management Program in cooperation with the Ars Sutoria School in Milan, Italy, welcomes back Italian international footwear master Paolo Marenghi.
This workshop provides a greater understanding of the different types of footwear construction and a deeper knowledge of the materials used in each stage of the product process. Expect an interactive, hands-on experience with time spent learning theory and then applying it by making products.
Attendees will learn:
- Firsthand footwear theory and practice from master shoemaker Paolo Marenghi
- Footwear manufacturing best practices, processes, and future directions for sports products
- Lasts, molds, and materials used in footwear making
- Techniques to physically craft their own sports shoe onsite in the White Stag Innovation Lab
Who should attend?
- Product line managers, engineers, marketers, developers, and designers
- Sales, innovation, and costing managers
- Others interested in the art of sports product footwear making
Whether you’re a novice or an expert, this workshop will provide a robust understanding of the art of footwear making.
Note: Five day workshop includes daily coffee, lunch, and snacks